Click or the topic for details:
Warranty replacement/return materials authorization (RMA)
How do I get a warranty replacement?If you're an Intel® Technology Provider Program member, visit the online warranty and support tool. If you're not a member, contact Intel customer support or chat with an agent.
How do I check if my Intel(R) product is still under warranty?Check your warranty coverage by visiting our Warranty Center.
What warranty support am I eligible for?We reserve the right to repair, refund, or replace products covered by an Intel warranty. The following replacement options are available.
Standard warranty replacement (SWR)This warranty service is available to all members of the Intel® Technology Provider Program and nonmembers.
- Standard warranty replacement (SWR):
- We ship out a replacement part on receipt of the non-functional or defective product that is eligible for warranty service.
- The SWR program is available 30 days after the purchase date. You should make any warranty replacement that is required inside 30 days of purchase through your Intel® Authorized Distributor. If your Intel Authorized Distributor isn't available, contact Intel directly.
- You must return non-functional or defective parts inside 30 days of the replacement request, or we cancel the replacement order.
- The maximum allowable number of units for replacement at any given time under SWR is 20 for Intel® Technology Provider Program members, and 5 for non-members.
Note Registered Intel® Technology Provider Program members and non-members are eligible for SWR only. You can pay for cross-ship support in some countries.
Advanced warranty replacement (AWR)
This limited premium warranty service is available only to eligible partners of the Intel® Technology Provider Program who meet designated criteria.
- AWR is a limited premium warranty benefit. This warranty is only available to eligible channel program members who purchase qualifying Intel® products sold through Intel Authorized Distributors in their region. Not applicable to the Intel® Desktop Board D201GLY.
- We ship replacement products, or spare parts to Intel gold or platinum partner program participants without waiting for the return of the defective part.
- The AWR program is available 30 days after purchase. You should make any warranty replacement that is required inside 30 days of purchase through your Intel Authorized Distributor. If your distributor isn't available, contact Intel directly.
- You must return the non-functional or defective parts to Intel 30 days from submitting the warranty replacement request. Failure to return in this time frame might result in a suspension of your AWR benefits.
- The maximum allowable units for replacement at any given time under AWR warranty:
- 10 units for Intel® Technology Provider Program level 1 platinum partner.
- 6 units for Intel® Technology Provider Program level 2 platinum and gold partners.
Note We can add to or change the AWR terms and conditions at any time. We can deny AWR support for any request that doesn't meet the AWR requirements. We can discontinue the AWR program once we give notice to AWR program participants. Note
We process Intel® Platform Collaboration and Systems Division High Performance Compute Block system warranties through Intel Customer Support. For warranty service, contact customer support.
What are the spare part(s) fulfillment terms?
- Fulfillment (FUL) is an Intel warranty service for a fulfillment item, and is available to all members of the Intel® Technology Provider Program and non-members.
- Online FUL ordering is only available to Intel® Technology Provider Program members.
- We ship out a replacement part after we validate the entitlement.
- You should make any warranty replacement inside 30 days of purchase through your Intel Authorized Distributor.
- The maximum allowable units for FUL orders made online are five units.
What information do I need to provide?Be prepared to provide the following:
- Proof of purchase
- Intel® Technology Provider Program membership number (if member)
- Your email address and telephone number
- Your shipping address
- Name of the product
- For High Performance Compute block server systems provide the system Product Code (PROD CODE) to the support agent
- Product part number
- Serial number or SL code for boards or server products
- FPO and ATPO for processors
- Serial number/secure serial number for SSD products
- Description of the problem
|Note||Registered Intel® Technology Provider Program members and non-members are required to troubleshoot before we fulfill a warranty.|
How do I identify my product for a warranty replacement?The following links provide images displaying product identification numbers for Intel® products.
How do I use the Online Warranty and Support Tool?
This tool is only available for Intel® Technology Provider Program members. These videos explain how to set up an online warranty return. If you're not a member, first contact your place of purchase. If you're unable to get support, contact Intel customer support.
High Performance Compute block server systems aren't eligible for Online warranty. Contact Intel customer support to process warranty requests.
How do I package my product?We recommend you use original packaging when sending products. If the original packaging isn't available, you must package the product appropriately to prevent physical damage during shipping.
Here are links for packaging the different product types:
The warranty doesn't cover damage. We aren't responsible for products damaged before or during transit.
We aren't able to track or return user-installed components, or items included in the box. Don't send these items to the Warranty Center.
|Processor||Motherboard/Single||Motherboard or Multi-slot||Solid State Drive|
Can I have my product replaced with a different one?We replace a product with a like product, not a different one.
How do I interpret and fill out the return commercial invoice?
The return commercial invoice is a document required for a warranty return when shipping across international borders. The look of the commercial invoice differs based on your location. The image here should help guide you in completing the commercial invoice:
What is the estimated shipping time?If you request and are eligible for an advanced warranty replacement (AWR), your replacement product ships the same day as the request. If you request a standard warranty request (SWR), your replacement product ships after we inspect your returned product for physical damage. Shipping times vary by region because of customs clearance, local shipping conditions, and availability of replacement parts. Once your product ships, the carrier sends you the tracking number.
When returning a faulty CPU, do I need to send the fan?No. Don't return your fan. We scrap returned fans.
Where do I ship my product for a warranty replacement?The order confirmation you get by email has all the return instructions you need, including the return shipping address.
How do I register my Intel® product?We don't require you to register your product. If you need a warranty support RMA, visit the Warranty Center.
What products does the Intel warranty program support?Intel stocks the following products for warranty replacement purposes:
- Intel® Boxed Processors
- Intel® Desktop Boards
- Intel® Workstation Boards
- Intel® Server Boards
- Intel® Chassis Subassembly Kits
- Intel® NUC Boards and Kits
- Intel® Solid State Drives (Intel® SSDs)
- Selected Intel® Server Boards and Platforms
- Intel® Wireless Network Interface Cards
- Intel® Wireless Products and Xircom® Products
|Note||Replacement for Xircom® Products cannot be ordered online. Contact Intel Customer Support for Xircom warranty replacements.|